The reason behind the popularity of React.js is that it supports React Native which is a cross-platform development tool helping businesses grow swiftly. Today, the Vue.js framework is gaining popularity with time. This has led to several discussions on React.js vs Vue.js- Which framework to go with for your development project.
Well, the answer to this question is enclosed in this blog wherein we will highlight the comparison between the two frameworks — Vue.js vs React to help you choose the right framework for your project. But, before diving into the comparison let us understand more about the two frameworks and their pros and cons.
React.js is mainly used to develop front-end interfaces as a view part, particularly in an MVC model. The developers can also use it for native mobile application development.
Features React JS
- It is utilized as a component structure which is used in the case of large projects having distinct modular structures.
- JSX is preferred in React JS
- It executes a 1-way data flow using the Flux pattern to enable unidirectional data flow
- Makes use of Virtual DOM to store virtual copies of user interface inside the memory and sync with the real via related libraries.
- It comprises built-in plugins utilized for animating various HTML elements.
- It provides HTML-related templates to create views
- It utilizes Watchers to manage changes in data.
After learning about the features of Vue.js and React.js let us know about the pros and cons of each of the two frameworks to support the discussion of React vs Vue.
React.js — Pros
- React.js is easy to learn as far as the code is concerned. A developer having expertise in HTML can easily learn React.js.
- It is highly responsive and flexible.
- It is free to use and introduces constant updates and improvements daily.
- Virtual DOM enables the arrangement of documents in HTML, XML, and XHTML format in a hierarchy wherein it is supported by web browsers while parsing multiple web app elements.
- The switch between versions is pretty easy with React.js
React.js — Cons
- Not enough documentation available for React.js
- The learning curve is time-consuming for the developers
After having these cons, the React.js library offers a setup that provides a native app experience to its users.
Vue.js — Pros
- Vue has the same features as Angular which allows optimization of HTML blocks using various components.
- Comes with thorough Documentation- The documentation is easy to understand and helps developers know Vue in detail
- App Size is small- The app developed using Vue.js is as small as 18–21kb in size which makes it the ideal choice for both large and small app projects.
- Adaptable — Vue offers faster migration of distinct frameworks to Vue as it is quite similar to Angular and React from a design and architecture point of view.
- Excellent Integration -Vue allows developers to build apps from scratch and implement Vue.js components into current apps.
- Re-usable templates can be built easily with Vue in less time
Vue.js — Cons
- Not enough Resources — Vue.js is tiny in terms of market share as compared to React. It means knowledge sharing is not extensive.
- When it comes to big projects, this framework has integration issues for which there is no solution as of now.
- Documentation is not easy to understand as Vue documentation is in the Mandarin language which the developers find quite difficult to understand.
After knowing about the pros and cons of both frameworks, let us learn about their differences and similarities.
Why Choose React & Vue?
Let us have a look at the similarities between Vue.js and React
Similarities Between React and Vue
These frameworks have some things in common let us find out
- Reactive & Component Structure
- Virtual DOM
- Flawless version migration
- Support of TypeScript
- Supports PWA web development
- Backward compatibility
- Huge active communities
- Plenty of tools and libraries
- Speed, performance, and Flexibility
Differences Between React and Vue
Talking about the differences between these two frameworks, the first thing you need to know is that -
- Vue is a framework and React is a library
- React utilizes JSX for rendering content whereas Vue uses JSX as well as HTML templates
- When it comes to 3rd party and pre-built tools, React has a competitive model, component state management, and DOM manipulation. Vue has a balanced set of pre-built and 3rd party tools that caters to the needs of newbies as well as expert developers.
Use Cases of React.js
Well, investing in React.js mobile app development solutions is worth it than building an app using Vue.js. It means you can build an app around React.js when
- You need to build a complex app
- You want to develop web and mobile app
- You need strong community support
Use Cases of Vue.js
Just like React.js, investing in building an app using Vue.js is also worth in some stances like
- When you want to build a web app with templates
- When you want to create a simple category mobile app
- When you want to launch the app faster
React or Vue — Which One To Choose To Build An App?
Whether you want to invest in mobile or progressive web app development, it is not easy to select the software. At times, even the expert developers are not sure about which framework to go with. Well, every tech stack comes with its own set of pros and cons, and choosing the right tech stack depends on your project goals too.
Which option to go with can be identified by keeping in mind the goals of building an app. You need to spend enough time deciding on the right framework so that you do not regret it later.
So, make sure you weigh the pros and cons of the tech stack and decide the suitable one for your project.
When it comes to choosing between React and Vue, remember React comes with strong corporate support, immense popularity, and a huge community to answer your queries. With React it is easy to scale even enterprise-grade and complex apps.
On the other hand, Vue is still not very popular, but gaining popularity due to its amazing documentation, ease to use, and seamless features. Vue comes with a range of solutions and built-in tools.
We can say both frameworks are amazing in their way to build robust web apps. Try to determine your app goals to pick the right framework out of the two. Consider the use cases mentioned above for both frameworks which would make it easy for you to decide on one of them.
If you are not sure which framework to choose from Vue and React get in touch with a trusted mobile app development agency to pick the ideal framework.
X-Byte Enterprise Solutions,a reliable mobile app development service in the USA can help you choose the right framework between Vue and React by assessing your app goals and requirements. Our expert developers not only help you pick the right framework but also carry out a structured app development process that leaves no room for flaws in your app. Get in touch with us to share your requirements.
Originally published at https://www.xbytesolutions.com.